‘New Generation School Teacher’ project was jointly initiated by the British Council Ukraine and the Ministry of Education and Science Ukraine and launched in March 2013. It was launched due to the latest changes and events in the field of education and society of Ukraine and is aimed at:
- new secondary standards and curricula;
- foreign language learning at secondary schools from year one and second foreign language learning from year two;
- new law on higher education;
- public interest in raising the quality of foreign language teacher education;
- the need of pedagogical institutions for quality curricula, assessment, content and procedures.
The overall aim of the project is to introduce change to the initial teacher education system in Ukraine.
University’s Project team is represented by:
- Oksana Zabolotna, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, professor of Foreign Languages Department;
- Alla Hembaruk, PhD in Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor at the English and Methodology Department;
- Olena Bevz, PhD in Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor at the English and Methodology Department.